We are committed to protect and respect your privacy in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data privacy laws. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through this website will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This Privacy Statement (i) describes how we collect, use, protect, share, and transfer your personal data; and (ii) describes your rights and choices regarding your personal data, and how to exercise those rights with Guiding Light.
1. Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data we collect when you visit this website and our other websites and mobile apps that we operate and that reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site” or “Website”). We may also collect information from you in other ways, including information collected during technical support contacts, on registration forms, in person (e.g., business cards), and from third parties. If we provide a separate or supplemental notice when we collect personal data from you, that notice will control to the extent of any conflict.
As used in this statement, "personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual and is intended to include all data defined as "personal data" under the GDPR.
2. Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Web server log files
When you visit this website, the following data is automatically stored in a log file on the web server (computer that delivers this website):
- Address of the website called up (URL)
- Time of the page call
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source (link) from which the website was accessed
- Operating system
- IP address (in anonymized form)
The data collected is kept for 30 days so that it can be viewed in the event of operational disruptions or unlawful use.
No personal data is collected and stored. We use these technically necessary cookies for the operation of the website:
- CRAFT_CSFR _TOKEN stores a digital key (token) to protect against attacks during form submissions or page calls with AJAX (valid for 1 session).
- For the two accessible display variants of the website, we set the cookie COLOR_MODE so that the selected variant is saved for 365 days.
- For the display of the YouTube videos on our website, we have opted for the no-cookie variant.
The information we may collect about you with your consent includes:
- Contact information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
- Information about your professional interests and experiences with our products and services.
- Business and marketing information that helps us provide our services to you, including your contact, language, and marketing preferences.
- Transaction information, including purchase history, order and contract information, delivery and technical support details, and billing information.
- Technical information, such as details about your device, your browser, how you use our website, including what pages of our websites you visit and when, and (anonyme) IP addresses.
- Security data used for authentication and fraud prevention.
We collect this information in several ways:
- Through registration, surveys, and other online forms.
- As part of an ongoing sales process.
- While providing technical support, consultation, live chat or product information.
- Through the process of maintaining and upgrading our products and services.
- Through automated means such as communications protocols, email communications, cookies, web beacons and pixels, and other related technologies in accordance with the Statement on Cookies and Related Technologies.
- Through our mobile applications (some of which may be managed by third parties on behalf of us).
- Through your participation in surveys, contests, and promotions.
- Through your use of social connectors and affiliated social networking areas, including interactions with us on third-party social media platforms.
Personal data or other data collected online may also be combined with information you provide to us through other sources such as product registration, call centers, or in conjunction with events such as trade shows, training seminars, contests and promotions, and conferences. Where permitted by applicable law, other information gathered from social media platforms and other published sources may be added to the data you provide.
We will only collect the information that we deem necessary for the purposes listed below. As a result, we may not be able to address a request or provide a product or a service if we are missing some of this information.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To fulfill subscription requests, orders for products and services made online, and to provide other information you request.
- To provide customer support, and communicate with you about your orders, purchases or accounts with us, requests, questions, and comments.
- To inform you about important news about Guiding Light, our new products and services, product updates, technical support issues, events, and special offers we think you may be interested in.
- To make the Websites easier for you to use, such as by identifying you across platforms or devices for a consistent user experience and customizing content and advertising relevant to your interests through analytics and profiling technology.
- To facilitate the use of certain features of the Websites, including collaborative forums and communication channels should you wish to use them.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Websites, systems, servers, and other technical assets.
- To prevent and detect fraud or other prohibited or illegal activity.
- To anonymize some of this data where we want to gain insights about history, processes, operations, and customer experiences that do not require information that can be associated with an identifiable individual.
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities).
- To meet legal requirements, or as required by a judicial process or a government request, and to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- To comply with industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we analyze our web services such as browser session page views, registrations, demos, downloads, and email responses in aggregate and sometimes at the individual level in order to improve the quality of those offerings and to better tailor our marketing to our customers' needs. We may also use statistical analysis to accomplish the purposes listed above, including to better understand your marketing preferences and tailor our offerings to you.
We may process your personal data for the above purposes when:
- It is needed for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
- We need it to comply with certain legal obligations.
- Our legitimate business interests require it, including for marketing and improving our services, protecting against fraud and other liabilities, ensuring compliance and our ability to assert legal defenses, and guaranteeing the security our networks and systems.
- We obtain your consent, for example before sending you promotional emails about our products and services.
4. How We Store Your Personal Data
We are taking data privacy issues seriously and, in order to make our website available to you, have chosen Internex Web Services, one of the leading cloud services with the highest security standards. Your PII is stored on Interenex servers in Austria.
Encrypted data transmission
Our domain has an SSL certificate. This means that data transfer between the web server and browsers is encrypted on the basis of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
5. How We Share and Transfer Your Personal Data
We will not sell, rent, lease, or disclose your personal data to others except as described in the Privacy Statement.
6. Your Rights and Choices
The GDPR provides you with certain rights regarding your personal data. A brief description of some of those rights follows:
Access, Correction, and Portability
You may reasonably access the personal data relating to you. You also have the right to request to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data. To the extent required by applicable law, you may request the transmission of the personal data you have provided to us to you or another company.
You may object to any uses or disclosures of your personal data that are not (i) required by law, (ii) necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation or (iii) required to meet a legitimate need of Guiding Light. If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
You may also request the deletion of your personal data, as permitted under applicable law. This may apply, for instance, where this information is outdated or the processing is no longer necessary or is unlawful; where you withdraw your consent to our processing based on such consent; or where we determine we should accommodate an objection you have raised to our processing. However, sometimes we may need to retain your personal data. For example, this may occur in situations in which we need to comply with our legal obligations, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or in some cases, to fulfill the purposes for which your information was gathered.
Restriction of Processing
You may request that we restrict processing of your personal data while we are processing your request or complaint pertaining to (i) the accuracy of your personal data, (ii) the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data, or (iii) our legitimate interests in processing this information. You may also request that we restrict processing of your personal data if you wish to use the personal data for litigation purposes.
Withdraw your Consent
You may withdraw any consent you previously gave us regarding the processing of your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
In addition, we offer you the choice of receiving different types of communication and information related to our organization, products, and services. You may subscribe to newsletters or other publications; you may also elect to receive marketing communications and other special offers from us via email. If at any time you would like to change your email communication preferences, we provide unsubscribe links and an opt-out mechanism for your convenience.
You may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded or excessive, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by applicable law. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided below. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a data protection authority in particular in the country of your habitual residence, your place of work or where you consider that your privacy rights have been infringed.
7. Data Security and Data Retention
We take care to guard the security of your personal data. We apply appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures that are reasonably designed to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. We maintain a comprehensive information security program that is proportionate to the risks associated with the processing. We use enhanced security measures when processing any sensitive information, such as by employing encryption technology when collecting or transferring credit card information. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes.
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, to adhere to our policies, and for any period as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
8. External Links
Links to third-party websites from our Website are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this site. We have not reviewed these third-party sites and do not control them. We do not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies. we do not endorse or make any representations about them or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk and we invite you to read their privacy policies.
This data protection statement does not encompass the use of our website by children. We are aware of the importance of protecting information about children on the internet, as a result of which we do not record data about children in a targeted manner.
10. Changes to This Statement
If there are updates to the terms of this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here and update the revision date in this document so that you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement means you accept those changes.
11. How to Contact Us
Status: December 2022